Thursday, March 31, 2011

Weekend Reading

Confession: I have read Jane Eyre at least 10 times. I own about 5 different editions. This drives my husband bonkers. "It takes up a whole row on the bookshelf!" he argues. Yes, it does. But, each edition has different footnotes, different critical essays, different pencil marks from me from different times in my life. This novel has grown with me over the years. Every time I read it, I uncover more. My heart fills with emotions... anxiety, torment, anticipation, and good old-fashioned romance. If you haven't read it, it is a must. Even for guys! It explores religion, poverty, society, women, the struggles of growing up, etc. The line: "Reader, I married him" makes me grin every time! I know the above image is not a book cover... it is the movie poster for the new film adaptation. It stars Mia Wasikowska, whom I loved in The Kids Are Alright and Alice in Wonderland. I am hoping to see it this weekend as it finally made it to a theater close to my home. I will post a review once I do, but for now, check out the trailer here.

3 comments:

Lee said...

I'm so looking forward to seeing this film. I hope it lives up to your expectations! Mia Wasikowska is a great actress...hope to see this film very soon.

Banan Appealing said...

I have not seen a movie since I got my dog. I think it may be a few more years before I allow myself a life outside of dog. I am not unhappy. I am happy. Dog is good.

Sassy B. said...

This weekend I'll be reading A Visit From the Goon Squad by Jennifer Egan. So far, I really like it.