Monday, March 21, 2011

meet me on monday...by deb

good morning, my friends.  happy monday.  actually it is monday evening as i type this.  today was a holiday here...shunbun no hi....to celebrate the spring equinox.  on this day, we go to our family graves or places where our relatives' bones are kept (in our case, a temple and yes, i did say bones) and we pray. 
here at the banana de sass, i will be doing the meet me on monday meme that is posted by java over at Never Going to Grow Old

so....here we go for this week:

1. What jewelry do you wear 24/7?
     i do tend to wear a lot of jewelry....necklaces, bracelets, earrings, but...there are two pieces i wear 24/7 (or pretty gosh darn close to that)....my wedding band and toe rings.  these are only taken off if, when we go, the sulphur is too strong in the hot springs....other than that. they are on.



2. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it?
   i twirl it, baby.....with a big spoon.

3. How many siblings do you have?
   technically....i'm an only child.  my parents divorced soon after i was born, but....both remarried and siblings were born.  
first...my brothers were blessed with me as a big sister born....


and then my dad remarried and i finally got the little sisters i wanted so badly...


funny.....even though they are, i've never referred to them as my half-brothers or half-sisters....they are my brothers and sisters....'nuf said.

4. Were you named after anyone?
  i always wanted to have been named after someone famous....but....i don't think i was.  my dad's middle name is lee....mine is leigh, so i guess i was named after him.  and no....leigh does not rhyme with sleigh.

5. Coke or Pepsi?
  unless i had too much beer or wine the night before or i'm about to have a migraine, PEPSI is my drink of choice.  actually...i'm quite slightly addicted to the zero calorie diet drink that Pepsi has here....


do you have this particular drink where YOU are?  i'm not a big fan of diet drinks, but this one? oh yeah. gooood stuff!

have a great week everyone!!!

4 comments:

Lee said...

Cute pictures of you with your sibs. Is that your foot? Nice pedi.

Jo-anne Blossy said...

I'm a Pepsi girl too. Have a great week!

shrink on the couch said...

we do not have that particular pepsi but you can find me lots of friday nights at a hamburger joint because they serve diet pepsi at the fountain. love it with lemon wedge or two, or six, squeezed in.

dkuroiwa said...

@Lee...thanks for the nice comment...i have to admit that they are all still very handsome and pretty!! and yes, my foot...and as pedis are still NOT popular here, i do it myself!!

@Blossy...thanks so much...hope your week is going good!!

@yogurt...at your hamburger joint, do they do vanilla pepsis?? growing up, the bowling alley made really yummy ones....sure do miss that taste!!