Monday, March 14, 2011

Meet Me On Monday....by deb.

Good morning, everyone....and actually, as it is almost 1:00 in the morning here, that "good morning" works for me, too...except it's Tuesday!!
 I'm going to jump on the meme for today that's over at Never Growing Old

Questions:

1. Do you have a fireplace in your home?
   No, I do not.  I wish I did but....fireplaces are not things you find very often here in Japan.  Houses that built in a "western" style might have them, but....I seriously doubt they are actually ever used. 

2. Can you drive a stick shift?

Oh yeah!!  After hours and hours of baby sitting and cleaning offices when I was 16 years old, I bought my first car....a 1968 VW Beetle.  Though I had been driving for a couple of years (hello? country girl, who?), I was usually with my Mom and she had an automatic.  My very best of friends (who was 2 years older) also had a VW and she basically taught me how to drive a stick shift.
Even today, I'd much rather have a stick shift...there's just something about the power you get when you shift gears...and, to be honest....I'd love to have a VW again. Really. I would.

3. How many computers are in your home?
We have three....my hub and I both have computers in our rooms/offices...and I have this little notebook that I bought the last time I was "home"....it's great because I'm able to be in the same room with the boys here at the kitchen table...them, doing homework and me, blogging/hanging on FB doing MY homework.

4. Are your taxes done yet? Do you do them yourself?
Oh yeah....got them turned in last week.  In Japan, our tax deadline is actually, today...March 14.  My husband does them because I'm not sure that there is an EZ form here....plus....I can't read Japanese well enough to even begin to attempt to do something as detailed as taxes....fill out a credit card application? Sure.  Information at a doctor's office? No problem.  Taxes? Oh...no.  No thank you!

5. What is your favorite meal of the day?
I was actually going to say any meal that I don't personally have to cook, but I'm pretty sure that's not the kind of answer that works in memes such as this.  So, I guess I'll say breakfast is my favorite meal.  It's not so much what I have to eat, it's the fact that it is me....in the kitchen...alone...in the quiet of the house after everyone has gone about their day...usually with my (and I'm not making this up) peanut butter and banana toast and coffee!!! (^-^)/*  I like that little bit of peaceful before I have to get out there and seize my own day.
*since it's not morning, i had to borrow this picture from GoogleImages*


Have a good week everyone. 

11 comments:

Sassy B. said...

I had a white 68 Bug too!!! Did yours also have a rainbow sticker in the rear window? And, I also prefer any meal I don't have to make myself. Come to think of it, I also like to eat off clean dishes that I didn't have to wash. Totally legit answer in my book. When I was a young lass, I chanelled my inner Elvis into a passion for peanut butter, banana & honey on wheat toast. It was heaven. Now, I just have peanut butter & sliced banana on Ezekial English muffins. No honey.

Kitty said...

Peanut Butter & Bananas on toast? SIGN ME UP!!!

Empty Nester said...

We had a brown 67 beetle when I was a teenager. My brothers and I loved that car. Obviously you fared well from the quake and tsunami. How far away are you from the epi-center?

Yvonne said...

I've had banana and peanut butter sandwiches, and the combination is tasty.

Anonymous said...

lol... I like the picture of your dog dressed as a banana :D

new follower

http://makeupxmama.blogspot.com

shrink on the couch said...

Wish I could say I owned a VW bug. It was my husband's first car, too. Those were the coolest. My aunt had one. She was a teenager when I was an elementary schooler - I used to ride with her all over town when we visited. Whenever I see a bug I think of her.

dkuroiwa said...

just for the record....only the coolest of cool had/have a VW. Betsy (my VW's name and yes...we all named ours!!) was the best $600 I ever spent!!!

As for the Elvis Toast....i'm pretty much a purist and rarely use honey...only if i'm feeling blue and in need of some love OR feeling really decadent will i use honey. the peanut butter getting all smooshy on hot toast is enough for me!!!

The earthquake was actually about 700 km. away from Tokyo and Tokyo is about 1400 km away from us...there is a whole 'nuther island between us. the threat now, is the nuclear reactor that supplies power to that area....the news is all about the explosions and all, but...the question on the majority of OUR minds is: what the hell do we do if that sucker blows and there is radiation in the air?? we all got messages (the foreigners) urging us to take extra precautions when it rains....and yes, it rained like crazy here in Nagasaki yesterday. I'll keep you all posted!!

Thank you oh so very much for the concern....i'm blessed beyond words.

Anonymous said...

I see I'm not the only one that was latish getting this meme done this week. I figured it was still Monday in some parts of the world, so that should be OK.

Following the news from Japan like everyone else. Those reactors on top of the earthquake and tsunami is more than anyone need. Best wishes to the whole nation.

Madonna said...

thanks for visiting my site and yes 3rd shift means all night. I work from 11 pm to 7 am.

Love the breakfast picture. I eat peanut butter and banana a lot but haven't ever tried it with honey.

I pray God keeps you safe with all the radiation going on around Japan.

Hilary said...

Hi! I am visiting from meet me on Monday - although a little late...

I have a fireplace and I love it. Although I am a CPA I don’t do my taxes, but I do friends and family’s returns

I host a weekly “fill in” blog hop – every Friday…. If you can, please check it out… http://wwwfeelingbeachie.blogspot.com/

Java said...

Hi!

Thanks for visiting my blog and for joining the Meet Me on Monday!

Those are some great answers!

I'm now following you and would love it if you follow me back if you haven’t done so already!!

Hope you have a great day and thanks for participating!! Meet you again this week!

Java