Monday, February 28, 2011

On Movies - Unforgettable

This week Molly over at the Bumbles Blog is pondering those moments from past Oscars that stand out in our memories. Although I watched last night's Oscars from start to finish, it's already fading (the vision of James Franco in drag as Marilyn can not fade quickly enough). Pretty boring actually. No surprises. But, there are a few moments from previous years that stand out:

You like me. You really, really like me.
Roberto Benigni -- Life is Beautiful!
Adrien Brody gives Halle Berry a big Hollywood kiss.

How I wish Sandra would have gone 'Adrien Brody' on Colin Firth last night.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We think alike! Love your picks :)

The Gal Herself said...

Oh, how I wish I could have gone "Adrien Brody" on Colin Firth last night. That man was born to wear a tux.

And I admit, I've quoted Sally Field's speech more than once myself.

Forgetfulone said...

You have Sally, too! I also remember "Hannibal Lecter." Love the life is beatiful memory, too!

Christy said...

I *heart* Colin Firth.

The Bumbles said...

Your picks...I like them, I really like them!!! Poor sweet Sally - she'll never live that speech down.

Banana Freud said...

All great memories. That Brody-Berry kiss was an amazing award moment to witness. It was almost as hot as Al Gore kissing Tipper.